When customers come to State & Allen and order a salad, chances are it’s the Original Silver Bowl Salad.
Created by two of our head chefs that were just goofing around one day, the Silver Bowl Salad quickly became a hit and has been on the menu ever since. Few can resist the delicious dressings drizzled over a bed of lettuce and so.much.goodness.
If you’re a fan of our Silver Bowl Salad, then here’s your chance to make it at home! We’re sharing the recipe with our guests in honor of National Salad Month. Enjoy!
State & Allen’s Original Silver Bowl Salad
· 10 oz. chopped romaine lettuce
· 10 oz. cooked chicken breast, diced
· 4 oz. mandarin oranges
· 4 oz. grapes, cut in half
· 1.5 oz. red bell pepper, diced
· 1.25 oz. bacon, cooked and chopped
· ½ tsp. kosher salt
· ¼ tsp. black pepper
· 1 T. white wine vinegar
· 1/3 cup grain mustard
· 4 oz. lemon juice
· 1/3 cup minced garlic
· ½ cup Parmesan cheese
· 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
· 4 egg yolks
· 10 oz. canola oil
· 2 oz. water
· 2.5 oz. canola oil
· 5.5 oz. Balsamic vinegar
· 1 T. basil, lightly packed
· ¼ cup minced garlic
· 1/3 cup minced shallots
· ¼ cup whole grain mustard
· 6 oz. water
· Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Combine all ingredients to the salad and set aside.
Step 2: Make the Caesar dressing and use 2 oz. on the salad (save the rest for another day.)
· Combine all ingredients except the eggs, oil, and water in a stainless steel bowl.
· Blend the yolk into the other ingredients with a hand blender or whisk until well blended.
· Slowly add in the oil and water to combine, then adjust seasonings to taste.
Step 3: Make the Balsamic dressing and use 2 oz. on the salad (save the rest for another day.)
· Saute garlic and shallots in oil and set aside to cool.
· Combine the other ingredients separately.
· Slowly mix the oil mixture into the other ingredients until well blended (start with 1/3 cup of oil). Add water to get to desired consistency.
So there you have it! The secret to State & Allen’s Famous Silver Bowl Salad. Enjoy some at home or visit us at the best restaurant and bar in Uptown Dallas – State & Allen!